Friday, October 8, 2010

The P-word


I'm curious to know how you sisters would handle husbands and their eventual use of pornography!?
Would you get all emotional about it? Or wouldn't it matter to you - 'cause in the end Allah (swt) knows best and everybody will have their suitable punishment?? Would you discuss it in your marriage?
I know some non-muslim's perspectives on this subject, but I'm interested in knowing some sisters' perspectives too, where Islam, of course, has an influence.

There are sooo many men (and women) watching pornography now-a-days. Muslims too of course. And I believe many wives are struggling to accept their (muslim) husbands watching pornography... I find it sad to perform your night prayer, which should be so full of light, insha'Allah, and then go to bed and enter a world so full of darkness - which is how I see pornography.
On xyonline.net Gail Dines quotes it very well: "“In pornography nobody makes love. They all make hate.” The man makes hate to the woman’s body. It’s about the destruction of intimacy". You might want to read the article here:
G. Dines: How “Pornland” destroys intimacy and hijacks sexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment