Friday, June 3, 2011

Dream Image (poem)



engle af glas
knuses mod asfalten
blodet siver fra mine fødder

drømmebilledet varer evigt

jeg tør ikke vende blikket op
jeg vil ikke vide om englene er knust
før de rammer jorden

 *
angels made of glass
crush against the pavement
blood seeps from my feet

the dream image lasts eternally

I dare not lift up my gaze
I don't want to know if the angels are crushed
before they hit the ground


--
I just felt like sharing this poem I wrote in 2009...
You can interpret it exactly as you like. I am of the believe that poetry speaks to us in the way that we need it to. Just like dreams. The meaning of a dream to one person, might have a completely different meaning to another person.

To me this poem reflects a will to hold on to a dream-world you live in or the reality that you have created for yourself - not wanting/daring to see the world as it actually is, even though reality is knocking at your door (-bleeding feet...).
Sometimes I have a tendency to not want to know what's actually going on around me! I want to live in a little bubble with my little family, friends and Islam..... :) Insha'Allah in Jannah... :)

That's all for now. I was in a poetry-mood tonight after having worked on my paper all day long.

Sweet dreams all of you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment