Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moroccan Orange Cake

You sisters have to taste this Moroccan Orange Cake! Yummi! It's very seldom that I have tasted such a fresh and delicious cake! And also I've never experienced such a difference between the looks of a cake and the taste of it (I thought it looked a bit boring and dry. Hehe).

I got the recipe here and translated it through Google Translate:



Ingredients

4 eggs

2 cups sugar

2 cups flour

100 g walnuts or almonds, chopped finely

50 g raisins, chopped finely

2 cups canola oil

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon vanilla sugar

The peel from 3 oranges


S
yrup:

The juice from 3 oranges

2 cups sugar

The juice from 1 lemon

If you like: 1-2 drops orange flower water


Cake: Whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar until it turns white. Add the chopped nuts, raisins and orange peel. Then add baking powder and flour together with canola oil and mix it gently with the eggs, sugar & vanilla sugar. Bake the cake in a greased springform at approx. 155 degrees Celcious for 35-40 minutes or until it is baked through. You can check by sticking a knife or toothpick in the cake and if there is no dough on it, it is finished. 
When there are approx. 10 min left before the cake is ready, prepare the syrup: 
Squeeze the oranges and lemon and boil the juice together with sugar. Let it boil for 5 minutes and remove it from the heat. You might taste with orange flower water. Pour the syrup over the cake while both cake and syrup are hot. You might help the cake soak the syrup by poking small holes in it.
Bismillah! I hope you'll love the cake as much as I did :-)
And if you have an even better or just another recipe for this (kind of) cake, please share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment